Short Waves Workshop
FOR ALL AGES. OPEN TO PUBLIC.
Geared towards novice filmmakers, the one-day workshop provides hands-on instruction on the production of a short film/video, storyboarding, casting, and basic editing.
Workshop participants will have FREE access to computers for editing. Through this workshop participants are given resources on how to create a short, for the intention of submission to the “Short Waves: Stories Shaping Our Community” Open Call this April. Participants are encouraged to do some preparatory work in advance of the workshop, and are encouraged (not required) to bring photos and recorded footage to the workshop.
Wednesday, April 2nd, 6pm - 8:30pm
Saturday, April 5th, 11am - 1:30pm
The video workshops will be held at the Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center (38 Ash St, Boston, MA 02111).
Submit by MAY 5th, 2013
For all ages.
Up to 5-minute video to share your story about your Asian American life or community based on a personal experience.
Here are some sample topics:
- What Asian American issue are you most passionate about?
- Tell us about someone who has helped shaped your identity as an Asian American. (role model)
- What is a pressing issue that affects your Asian American community and how that affects you?
- How do you personally define your Asian American identity?
- How do you celebrate your Asian American identity? (family gatherings and rituals, etc.)