We are definitely looking forward to great stuff for our 2012 film festival!
Get involved with us by filling out a form at http://www.baaff.org/volunteer.html
We're also looking for interns for 2012. Email us if interested at email@example.com.
Communications Intern Position
AARW seeks a student intern for the Spring semester to support the Boston Asian American Film Festival (BAAFF).
BAAFF plans two key annual events Short Waves--open call for community short videos, competition and community screening in May--and the signature festival in November. Assistance is needed this semester to help with planning these two events. Learn what it takes to put on a community event and why people get involved, while working with the festival director and a fun and dedicated committee. You’ll help to execute logistics, work with community partners, and provide communications and general support.
Possible projects include:
- Writing and coordinating monthly e-newsletter
- (Fundraising and social) Event planning
- Developing relationships with community partners and businesses
- Planning a Social Media campaign
- A positive attitude
- The ability to roll-up their sleeves and get the job done
- Interest in Asian American community issues and media
- Creative problem solving skills
- Writing skills (for newsletter articles, business correspondences, etc)
- Familiarity with using social media sites including Facebook and Twitter
- Ability to attend approximately 2 Wed night (6:30-8:30pm) meetings a month
- Event planning experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of HTML or video editing (helpful, not required)
Email us if interested at firstname.lastname@example.org.